Photobucket


profile

My name is Michtashia Micheng Bumbumpaw. Full-time couch potato. I love milk, dinosaurs and chilling out. I don't like blocked noses and spicy food. I speak English, Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin plus a little Korean. I sing in the shower occasionally and I pick my wedgie in public.

Drop me an email!
michtashia@msn.com


Pages

Previous Page | Next Page


affiliates

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Livejournal
  • Tumblr
  • Myspace




  • Friday, November 20, 2015 @ November 20, 2015
    100 days

    "When I look at my past, I see Your unfailing love."

    I have reached the 100th day mark of working in my current job!

    It wasn't easy getting here but I'm so happy that I did. The only reason why I'm 'celebrating' is because I'm never a committed person. I quit really quickly and I'm always whining.

    I have my share of unpleasant experiences and nasty colleagues in this company but, so far, I've managed to just continue moving forward and running towards my goal.

    ---

    I'd love to share about something that is totally irrelevant to the post above (okay I haven't started writing, maybe something would link).

    I've been getting the same recurring thought and a verse that keeps popping up to me:
    Galatians 1:10 (NIV)
    Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.
    I somehow feel 'guilty' for not being very evangelical, not prioritizing church on Sundays and having beer in my fridge. I don't know if this guilt is uncalled for or if it is justified.

    I remember telling the people around me of how awesome an iPod and MacBook is until someone actually asked if Apple paid me for being so persistent in evangelizing all things Apple (fun fact: Apple calls their sales reps "evangelists"). I could just go on and on about how you should ditch whatever mp3 player you had and get an iPod instead.

    The thing is, I was taught to do the same about Jesus ...but I just couldn't, or maybe "wouldn't".

    My bestfriend is a Christian in official documents but she doesn't go to church or pray or stuff like that. And me? I've never exactly invited her to come with me for church.

    Don't get me wrong, I really love Jesus, I go to church sometimes, I do my devotions, I post up "christiany stuff" on twitter/instagram, I listen to worship songs most times and all but ...I'm just not ...radical.

    A part of me just want to stay "cool", that means respecting everyone's decision in what they believe in and not push doctrines/verses down their throats. I tend to put myself in their shoes, I mean, like if someone of another religion were to share with me their views, I'd probably just listen out of respect but I would not get sold. And another part of me don't really want to have religious views get in the way of my friendship.

    So the verse above actually gets me thinking, am I doing something wrong?

    (Ps okay, not relevant to the post above at all)

    Love, Peace & 100 days!
    MICHTASHIA