Photobucket


profile

My name is Michtashia Micheng Bumbumpaw. Full-time couch potato. I love milk, dinosaurs and chilling out. I don't like blocked noses and spicy food. I speak English, Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin plus a little Korean. I sing in the shower occasionally and I pick my wedgie in public.

Drop me an email!
michtashia@msn.com


Pages

Previous Page | Next Page


affiliates

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Livejournal
  • Tumblr
  • Myspace




  • Sunday, April 27, 2014 @ April 27, 2014
    aprillllll

    1) Sisters' Week

    This week should be themed: Sisters. Well, for one, it's 3 of my sisters' birthdays this week! Started with Rebecca's on the 21st, Angelica's on the 25th and Frida's on the 27th (today)! Everyone knows that Angelica is the sister who is always with me & Frida is Roy's wife which makes her my sister as well, but not many know about Rebecca ..but I don't intend to go into details here.

    Another thing about this "sisters" theme is the fact that my half sister (from my father's 2nd marriage) actually sent me a friend request on Facebook! Hahaha It's rather odd, really, but I have 3 half siblings from my birth father and they are much much younger than me. I have only briefly met them once when I went to Manado for a holiday but I haven't got the chance to build any relationship with them. Somehow, the fact that one of them added me on Facebook kinda made me want to have a proper visit back to the island soon. Maybe I will bring them chocolates! Hahaha

    Once again, Happy birthday Rebecca, Angelica & Frida!


    2) I hate hierarchy

    Okay, actually the title isn't very accurate. I agree that hierarchy is necessary but I just can't stand leaders who are placed in that position but aren't able to make wise decisions. As a leader, you are expected to make decisions and most times, those decisions are big decisions that affects everyone else under him/her.

    Although you are in a position to agree or disagree in something, I just don't think it's a smart move to only make decisions solely by the weight of your judgement and position. I mean, there are many people under you and they should be included in the decision making as well.

    I'm ranting this because something happened and this particular leader kinda blew it for the team (in my opinion). It was a decision that he made without consulting the rest and it was an opportunity gone to waste. It's such a shame that sometimes someone's strong point is also their weak point.

    I'm still fuming at the thought of it but I guess I can't really do much since I'm not the leader. Right now, all I can tell myself is that I should learn from this and make sure that when I am leading anything, I will not be the stumbling block.


    3) #smallchurchproblems

    I've been attending a small (I prefer the word cozy) church whenever I'm in Singapore. The thing about our church is that we do not have a building of our own and we worship at a rented ballroom of a hotel on sundays or our pastor's home for any other weekly gathering. Our church members are mostly young adult immigrants working in this city. What usually frustrates me is the fact that we won't have any service for Christian commemorations (like Good Friday & Christmas) if it doesn't fall on a Sunday with excuses ranging from "most people are overseas for the holiday" to "we don't have a space". I won't even start on Youth services (the excuses made here are even more atrocious).

    I am really praying for the growth of the church and I really hope that the members inside actually feel the urgency to be involved in this.


    4) Me

    As you can read, points 2 and 3 are rants that aren't very nice but I really feel the need to publish this because I am a David competing with Goliath. I still do not know my weapon of choice but I can publish this blog post to hopefully have someone stumble on this and agree with me, somehow (actually this is just a place that I can place my thoughts freely).

    I have come across plenty of setbacks and right now all I can rely on is myself (and God - but the decision and action comes from me). Still trying hard to push through all these crazy limitations and difficulty of being a small fish in a big pond (compared to being a big fish in a small pond).


    Love, Peace & Still have a lot to learn
    MICHTASHIA