Photobucket


profile

My name is Michtashia Micheng Bumbumpaw. Full-time couch potato. I love milk, dinosaurs and chilling out. I don't like blocked noses and spicy food. I speak English, Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin plus a little Korean. I sing in the shower occasionally and I pick my wedgie in public.

Drop me an email!
michtashia@msn.com


Pages

Previous Page | Next Page


affiliates

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Livejournal
  • Tumblr
  • Myspace




  • Wednesday, December 04, 2013 @ December 04, 2013
    HURHUR I'm backkk

    I'm back from my post-exam vacation and it was an exciting trip overall. Quite bummed that it didn't last as long as I wanted but still so grateful to have had the chance to take a break and get some air without having to think about time.

    I'm gonna share 2 experiences of how crazy this trip was and how crazy I was in making myself be in such a situation.


    1. Tickets to Jakarta was booked but not the connecting train to Tegal.

    I purchased a one-way ticket from Singapore to Jakarta 3 days before the departure date (which was exactly the day after my last written paper). It was a pretty rash decision since I wanted to attend HOF's 6th Anniversary. So my flight was confirmed but I still had to take a train from Jakarta to Tegal and I couldn't make a reservation online but I could see the ticket availability - selling out fast (since it was a Friday train). I tried to get a friend to buy it for me but according to her, they were sold out. I was so scared and anxious because I didn't really know what I was to do if I had to stay a night in Jakarta - although my grandma lives there and I could go to her house anytime. I even resorted in e-mailing the "train people" but they said I had to "try my luck" and go straight to the train station to purchase it. Hahaha hugeee risk. Long story short, I took public transportation (read: bus) from the airport to the train station (note: I'm all alone and I've never taken a public bus in Indonesia before) and managed to snap up one of the 5 remaining tickets! Truly favoured - all those anxiousness and worries for nothing.

    2. Lodging in Bandung was warped.

    I have an aunt in Bandung and was supposed to stay in her place for the 2 weeks that I was there but I found out at the last minute (the day I bought my tickets) that she wasn't going to be around and I couldn't stay at her place. That totally made me almost forgo my entire trip altogether. I mean, if I didn't have a place to stay in Bandung, I wouldn't even go there and then it'll be a waste to just go to Indonesia for a 4 day trip to Tegal. Like, economically, it's just not worth it. But I guess everything happens for a reason and I ended up bunking in with Phanot in her dorm. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I realised that if I were to stay with my aunt, I wouldn't be able to go out as much and I would just end up spending my vacation being 'trapped'. Staying with Phanot also meant that I could go to Garut with her over the weekend and it was awesome.

    3. Singing solo on stage in Garut!!!

    I know I typed about having only 2 crazy experiences but I have to add this in as it is just siao. It wasn't a solo stage entirely but it was close! We practiced only the night before our performance and I still wonder until now how I managed to put myself in that position. Amazing how Lisa and Phanot managed to make me sing on stage. As we all know, Michelle isn't a singer (although I'm a closet singer shh). I have to say that this was thrilling and such a great experience and ...it is a praise worship to God so no one could judge hehehehe. I must be crazy with a square (crazy x crazy) to even share the performance on Youtube ..& here. But here it goes:



    Overall, this was by far the best trip I've had in awhile. I managed to somehow, 'grow up' by not relying on people to wait for me in airports and I actually found the extrovert in me - talked to the person next to me in Starbucks while waiting for my train and another person on the train (for 3 hours!), with me initiating the talk. And as always, God's unfailing love and favour was so real. I'm so blessed - & I know it! *wink*


    Love, Peace & more vacay please.
    MICHTASHIA