Photobucket


profile

My name is Michtashia Micheng Bumbumpaw. Full-time couch potato. I love milk, dinosaurs and chilling out. I don't like blocked noses and spicy food. I speak English, Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin plus a little Korean. I sing in the shower occasionally and I pick my wedgie in public.

Drop me an email!
michtashia@msn.com


Pages

Previous Page | Next Page


affiliates

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Livejournal
  • Tumblr
  • Myspace




  • Thursday, August 06, 2015 @ August 06, 2015
    work it

    (Office wear got me weary. #ihateskirts)

    FINALLY GOT A LEGIT JOB.

    After weeks (and months) of stressful job search & me being picky with potential employers (I know right, shouldn't it be the other way round) & throwing in the towel (giving up) & taking naps. I actually got called up. For 2 different offers in 2 different reputable organisations. During one of those naps.

    It's quite amazing how I landed this job. You know how people tend to say that "God intervened"? Yeah, it felt like that ..and I assure you that it isn't as cliche as it sound.

    4 months back, I actually went for an interview with a tech startup and they set my hopes really high but then they left me hanging. After that, my confidence level plummeted and I was just so disappointed that I kinda gave up searching for a couple of weeks.

    When I did return to my job search, I applied for a job with a property developer and I was so excited to start working there because the office was really nice and I had a great conversation with the manager although I was just recovering from a flu and my throat was inflamed. By then, only family knew about this interview as I just didn't want to spread the news and then jinx myself.

    They thought I was the most suitable candidate for the job and they will call me in "a few days", but I waited for a week and there was no news and when I emailed them, they told me to wait some more. Refusing to receive false hope (like the first interview), I applied for yet another job.

    This time, for some reason, I sent in my resume even when I knew that it was an ad from a recruitment agency (I usually refuse to send my resume to 3rd parties). I got a call early next morning (as expected from a recruitment office haha) and then they told me WHERE I was applying for...

    So a few weeks back, Angelica and I were eating Honey Butter Chip after church and I pointed to a particular building to Angelica,

    Mich: Do you think we'll be able to have a building like that in 20 years?
    Angelica: Amen.

    Apparently I, unknowingly, applied for a job with a company that owned that particular building I pointed to Angelica.

    I attended an interview with the company and I received good news the very next day. I was hired.

    On the day I had to sign the employment contract, the property developer office actually called me to say that I was hired, too, but I just felt like "God intervened" and the other job was the one for me.


    After experiencing all these feelings over the past 6 months, I was really humbled by how God works - in mysterious ways. It was such an eye opener for me and I just have no words. I also thank God for my friends who were praying and also getting excited with me.


    Love, Peace & Back to work!
    MICHTASHIA